The "Solder Paste" option allows you to check if all component pins have a solder paste object, a copper pad, and a solder mask clearance defined and if the solder paste is inside a solder mask clearance.
In the first block (1) you can define which components should be analysed. Here you have following ignore options:
- Ignore Components with only one pin (e.g. Test points)
- Check only Components with the '.comp_mount_type' attribute set to 'SMT'
- Ignore pins that are connected to the net '$NONE$'
The results of the analysis are displayed in the window on the right (3). You can also view the analysis results directly in the tool. Critical errors can also be marked for later use (e.g. in the 'Extended Design Report').
Following error types are reported:
- Missing Paste: No paste object found
- Missing Mask: No solder mask clearance found
- Missing CopperPad: No copper pad found
- Paste on Mask: the paste is intersecting the solder mask clearance
The following functionalities are equally integrated in all six options:
- It is possible to exclude components from the analysis (2). You can do this either via "Pin Count", "Height" or "Property". Furthermore, a search function via "List" is available, which lists all excluded parts in an overview.
- With the buttons on the top right side of the window you can export the previously defined settings so that you can reuse them for later analyses. Already saved settings can be imported via the "Import Settings" button.
- The last result can be saved and reloaded with the buttons on the lower right side (4). This stored result is also used in the 'Extended Design Report'.
- Clicking on the question mark on the top right of the window opens the corresponding page of our online manual.